Quality Assurance Specialist
Ralmax Group of Companies has an exciting opening for a Quality Assurance Specialist in Victoria, British Columbia. Acquired by Ralmax in 2003 Point Hope Maritime is a full service ship repair facility for vessels from the Canadian Navy, BC Ferries, and other companies. A planned major expansion with construction of a $50-million graving dock has Point Hope’s future looking very bright.
At Point Hope you will gain exposure to a wide range of marine vessel projects, and have strong potential for continued professional development and career advancement.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Strong organizational skills and strict attention to detail
- Effective problem analysis and solving
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A high standard of safe working practices and productivity
- Ability to prioritize work, and flexibility in meeting deadlines
- Strong computer skills, including familiarity with Microsoft Office
- Willingness to learn
- Valid BC Driver’s license
- Bachelor’s degree; or tertiary certificate in Quality Assurance combined with required minimum work experience
- Minimum five (5) years ship building / repair experience
- Minimum two (2) years in a leadership / supervisory position
- Quality auditing
- Ability to work under pressure and adapt to changing business needs
- Mature, professional and optimistic attitude
- Able to deal with people sensitively, tactfully, diplomatically and professionally
- Must be physically capable of climbing ladders and ships’ stairs; entering into and working in confined spaces and machinery spaces
- Must be able to successfully pass a Respiratory Protective Equipment (RPE) fit test
- Must be capable of working both in indoors and outdoors environments
- Travel to off-site locations may be required from time-to-time
- Please apply before Monday, 16th July 2018 by emailing your resume’ in the strictest confidence to:firstname.lastname@example.org.