Purchaser and Processor of Non-Ferrous Metals
Ralmax Group of Companies has an exciting and immediate opening for a full-time Purchaser and processor of non-ferrous metals in Victoria, British Columbia. Further, work assignments will be received in the form of verbal or written work orders, but the employee is expected to determine the grade of ferrous and non-ferrous metals.
- To accurately grade non-ferrous metals and process them accordingly
- Provide routine maintenance “pre-use inspection”: Check all equipment before using (i.e. Forklift/Shears/Balers)
- Adhere to workplace safety policies, regulations and compliances;
- Communicate any unsafe conditions or accidents/injuries in a timely manner to the supervisor in order to facilitate prompt correction or reporting;
- Demonstrate continuous effort to improve operations, decrease turnaround times, streamline work processes, and work cooperatively and jointly to provide quality seamless customer service;
- Accurate completion of work orders and time cards;
- Clean, lubricate and perform other maintenance work;
- Keep detailed and accurate maintenance reports and documentation;
- Other duties within the scope of the position, as assigned.
Education and Experience
- Possess a valid driver’s license; Class 3 with air endorsement driver’s license preferred; (*An added benefit)
- Knowledge of Various Metal Grades (*An added benefit)
- High School Diploma
- Experience with routine maintenance operations.
- Familiar with hand tools as well; shears and balers
Knowledge and Skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with attention to detail;
- Ability to set goals and manage multiple projects and initiatives;
- Ability to set, commit to and meet deadlines;
- Ability to work under pressure and adapt to changing business needs;
- Mature, professional and optimistic attitude;
- Highly flexible, with solid interpersonal skills that allow one to work effectively in a diverse working environment;
- Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing;
- Able to work well under pressure;
- Strong attention to detail;
- Able to deal with people sensitively, tactfully, diplomatically, and professionally at all times.
- Physical ability to lift up at least 50lbs;
- Safety equipment will be required, e.g. steel-toed safety boots, safety glasses/goggles, etc.
- Overtime as required;
- Hazards associated with the trade;
- Work both indoors and outdoors.
- We invite all interested parties to apply by emailing your cover letter and resume in the strictest confidence.