Pipefitter / Steamfitter/ Plumber
Ralmax Group of Companies has an exciting and immediate opening for a full-time Pipefitter/Steamfitter/Plumber in Victoria, British Columbia. He/she will have the ability to lay out, assemble, install, and maintain pipe systems, pipe supports, and related hydraulic and pneumatic equipment for steam, hot water, heating, cooling, lubricating, sprinkling, and industrial production and processing systems, applying knowledge of system operation, and following blueprints: selects type and size of pipe, and related materials and equipment, for example, supports, hangers, and hydraulic cylinders, according to specifications.
- Use saws, cutting torches, and pipe benders to cut and hammer pipes to specification
- Study blueprint and construction plans for pipe systems, supports, and related equipment
- Assemble and secure pipes, tubes, and fittings by means of welding, brazing, soldering and cementing of joints
- Utilize pressure gauges and hydrostatic testing to inspect and test installed pipe systems
- Operate pump machines to discard water from flooded facility floors, manholes and basements
- Install and test water systems.
- Inspect work sites to identify environmental hazards that can limit the integrity of a pipe structure
- Able to repair and replace damaged or worn out pipe components
- Use hand or power tools to drill holes in structures such as wall, decks to allow for pipe passage
- Select pipe types, sizes and quantity required for a pipefitting project
- Install and configure automatic pipe control systems.
Education and Experience
- Must hold a Journeyman's certificate, or have Red Seal;
- Mechanical Skills: Pipefitters are able to utilize and operate a range of tools and equipment in installing, maintaining, and repairing pipe systems
- Physical Strength: They are able to handle, lift, and move heavy pipes, pipefitting materials and equipment
- Troubleshooting Skills: They are skilled in diagnosing pipe systems to identify and fix problems with leaks and clogs
Knowledge and Skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with attention to detail;
- Highly motivated and self-directed
- Flexible and able to work in a team environment
- Logical and critical thinker
- Mechanical and mathematical aptitude
- Manual dexterity
- Knowledge of standard welding safety procedures and protocol
- Ability to use basic welding equipment and engage in welding and cutting processes
- Ability to use basic cutting and shaping hand or power tools
- Ability to read blueprints, analyze design plans.
- Understanding of piping system operation.
- Strong analytical thinking and problem solving skills
- Physical ability to lift up at least 50lbs;
- Travel to off-site locations may be required;
- Safety equipment will be required, e.g. steel-toed safety boots, safety glasses/goggles, etc.
- Overtime as required;
- Hazards associated with the trade;
- Work both indoors and outdoors.
- We invite all interested parties to apply by emailing your cover letter and resume in the strictest confidence to email@example.com.