Ralmax Group of Companies has an exciting and immediate opening for a full-time Journey person or skilled Painter in Victoria, British Columbia. He/she will have the ability to apply paint, varnishes and other coatings to a variety of materials and surfaces. Most Painters have an industry specialty, such as house painting, automotive painting or machinery painting. Painters usually work as part of a team, although that depends on what industry they specialize in.
- Prepare surfaces utilizing abrasive blasting and other surface preparation techniques, as specified, safely and efficiently.
- Correctly utilize appropriate paint testing equipment.
- Perform routine equipment maintenance and maintain all equipment issued.
- Reinforce training of existing personnel in required equipment use, safety and upgrading skill level.
- Immediately notify job supervisor of damages, breakdowns, accidents and safety issues.
- Report all injuries to him/herself or others immediately, without delay, following an accident.
- Evaluate weather conditions and recommend appropriate revision of daily project plan to a supervisor.
- Establish and maintain a positive working relationship with clients, agencies, and co-workers to promote a quality service image.
- Ensure required paperwork and other documentation is completed thoroughly, accurately and in a timely manner.
- Physical fitness sufficient to satisfactorily perform daily job duties and assignments, including physically able to lift 50+ pounds, bend, stoop, climb, reach and balance.
- Capable of working at heights and in tight or confined spaces.
- Apply specific coating material utilizing airless conventional spray equipment, plural pumps and brushes, and rollers, as specified, safely and efficiently.
Education and Experience
- Two plus years industrial painting experience required.
- The ability to speak, read and understand English is required.
- Knowledge and experience in painting and sandblasting/surface prep techniques.
- Good knowledge and understanding of Point Hope Maritime LTD safety policies and procedures.
- Consistently achieve daily schedule of work.
- High school graduate or equivalent preferred.
- Regular and acceptable attendance and punctuality required.
Knowledge and Skills
- Detail-oriented and dependable, a successful Painter can follow instructions and consistently produce good work. In addition to these general skills and personality traits, employers are seeking Painter candidates with the following skills.
- Experience in automotive or industrial equipment painting
- Experience wet painting using a gun
- Ability to work on multiple priorities with frequent interruptions
- Ability to use hand and power tools and equipment
- Ability to work with all levels of employees
- Strong communication skills
- Industry Training & Certification
- Experience mixing colors
- Physical ability to lift up at least 50lbs;
- Travel to off-site locations may be required;
- Safety equipment will be required, e.g. steel-toed safety boots, safety glasses/goggles, etc.
- Overtime as required;
- Hazards associated with the trade;
- Work both indoors and outdoors.
- Open until filled.
We invite all interested parties to apply by emailing your cover letter and resume in the strictest confidence to email@example.com.