Ellice Recycle LTD is an industrial businesses and part of the Ralmax Group of Companies. We offer competitive wages and benefits package, professional development and a great company culture.
Under general supervision performs unskilled and semi-skilled work in the recycling center at Ellice; and performs related duties as required. Receives on-the-job training and in a reasonable length of time needs less supervision, has greater knowledge of the kinds and grades of recyclable materials, and its more advanced skill in the operation of forklifts. The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
The Labourer is responsible for, although not limited to:
- Sorts a variety of recycled materials, such as concrete, drywall, plastics, and wood; sorts metals to separate out high-grade metals, such as copper, brass, and aluminum, for recycling.
- Operates forklift in customer areas; operates compactors
- Keeps recycle yard clean by sweeping, raking, picking up loose debris
- Inspects vehicles hauling recycled materials to determine the type of materials; calculates weights of materials; records information on materials received or prepared for shipment to processing companies.
- Directs customers and drivers to proper loading/unloading areas; assists customers and drivers with unloading and loading recycling materials; directs the work of contract laborers assigned to recycling activities.
General duties by function:
- Perform moderately heavy physical labor under all types of outdoor weather conditions.
- Follow oral and written instructions; record and maintain accurate records.
- Make arithmetic calculations; work cooperatively with others.
- Learn and follow safety rules; learn to operate a forklift.
- Learn to operate a variety of recycling equipment, such as bucket loaders, utility loaders, and wood grinder/chippers; learn to identify different grades of metals.
- Safely and efficiently operate a forklift and a variety of recycling equipment
- Perform moderately heavy physical labor under all types of outdoor weather conditions
- Follow oral and written instructions
- Record and maintain accurate records
- Work cooperatively with others.
Incumbents in this class perform moderately heavy physical labor involving the full range of body movements including reaching, bending, grasping, climbing, and lifting. A major portion of the tasks are performed outdoors in all types of weather conditions. Preference given to individuals who possess experience in purchasing and processing non ferrous metals.
- Effective attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy
- High level of integrity, confidentially, and accountability
- Strong work ethic and positive team attitude
- Sound analytical thinking, planning, prioritization, and execution skills
- Proactive problem-solver that can manage difficult situations with positive results
Job Type: Hourly, Full-time