Ralmax Group of Companies has an exciting and immediate opening for a full-time Journeyman Mechanic in Victoria, British Columbia. He/she will have the ability to troubleshoot major and minor mechanical problems, as well as have the ability to repair and adjust all necessary mechanical components. Further, work assignments will be received in the form of verbal or written work orders, but the employee is expected to determine the nature and extent of needed repairs.
- Provide routine maintenance;
- Check all heavy equipment for proper performance and inspect equipment to detect faults and malfunctions;
- Diagnose defects in heavy duty equipment;
- Train and mentor apprentices;
- Diagnose any faults or malfunctions using computerized and other testing equipment to determine extent of repair that is required;
- Adhere to workplace safety policies, regulations and compliances;
- Communicate any unsafe conditions or accidents/injuries in a timely manner to the supervisor in order to facilitate prompt correction or reporting;
- Demonstrate continuous effort to improve operations, decrease turnaround times, streamline work processes, and work cooperatively and jointly to provide quality seamless customer service;
- Perform mechanical repairs on equipment in the shop and road calls when required;
- Operate automotive servicing equipment;
- Installation of new and added-on equipment;
- Electrical and hydraulic troubleshooting and diagnostics;
- Accurate completion of work orders and time cards;
- Repair cooling, and lubrication systems;
- Install and align engines and machinery;
- Repair cable-operated working attachments, winches, compressors, pumps, electric generators, etc.;
- Test repaired equipment for proper performance;
- Clean, lubricate and perform other maintenance work;
- Keep detailed and accurate maintenance reports and documentation;
- Maintain a working knowledge of changes in technology and repair techniques;
- Other duties within the scope of the position, as assigned.
Education and Experience
- Must hold a Journeyman's certificate, or have Red Seal;
- Completion of college/CEGEP/vocational or technical training;
- Possess a valid driver’s license; Class 3 with air endorsement driver’s license preferred; (*An added benefit)
- Ability to coach and mentor less experienced mechanics a must;
- Proven mechanical abilities including schematics and diagnostics;
- Experience with routine maintenance operations.
Knowledge and Skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with attention to detail;
- Ability to set goals and manage multiple projects and initiatives;
- Ability to set, commit to and meet deadlines;
- Ability to work under pressure and adapt to changing business needs;
- Mature, professional and optimistic attitude;
- Highly flexible, with solid interpersonal skills that allow one to work effectively in a diverse working environment;
- Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing;
- Able to work well under pressure;
- Strong attention to detail;
- Able to deal with people sensitively, tactfully, diplomatically, and professionally at all times.
- Physical ability to lift up at least 50lbs;
- Travel to off-site locations may be required;
- Safety equipment will be required, e.g. steel-toed safety boots, safety glasses/goggles, etc.
- Overtime as required;
- Hazards associated with the trade;
- Work both indoors and outdoors.
Wages and Benifits
$35.60 per hour, plus benefits and union pension upon successful completion of a 3 moth probationary period.